Applications closed for this program
Kindly take note that "Finance for the Future" is fully booked and we no longer accept registrations. Thanks to all who will be joining us!
UZH (Online) International Summer Schools 5 - 24 July 2020
Stability, universality, responsibility and excellence – these are the four cornerstones of Swiss banking. These values are the foundation of the success of the Swiss financial center. Today, Switzerland is the leader in cross-border asset management, 27.5% of cross-border assets around the world are managed in Switzerland.
However, it is important to keep up with the most recent trends and developments that are promising for the future. The Swiss banks will on one hand continue to orientate themselves along these four cornerstones. On the other hand it will be essential to take recent developments as FinTech and Sustainability into account in order to stay competitive in the long run.
Of course, we will also discuss the impact of the current global health situation on the financial markets.
Participating in this online summer school will not only allow you to learn theoretical aspects about finance, but also to interact with practitioners and experts from academia. A unique opportunity to expand your network!
In this Summer School, you will:
- get to know the past, present and future development of the Swiss financial system and the wealth management in Switzerland.
- enhance your knowledge in macroeconomics and finance (financial instruments, asset classes, portfolio management, behavioral finance).
- learn from scientists and practitioners about the most recent and promising trends in FinTech and Sustainable Finance.
- test and apply your gained knowledge in a portfolio management game.
The program is coordinated by the Department of Banking and Finance at the University of Zurich, with various distinguished lecturers.
You can find detailed information on the program including a preliminary schedule in our Course Description. (PDF, 1177 KB)
Hosting Institute: Department of Banking and Finance, UZH
Course Directors: Dr. Benjamin Wilding and Anja Zgraggen
Language of Instruction: English
Credits: 6 ECTS
Target Audience: 2nd or 3rd year Bachelor students and Master students
Entry Requirements, Application Process and Regulations
- Master students or good Bachelor students who have completed their first year of study are encouraged to apply. This course is open to students from all subject areas
- Applicants need to demonstrate a level of English equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall
- Prior knowledge in finance is not required, but a basic understanding of economics and an interest in statistics are desirable
All our summer programs for July 2020 are fully booked. Applications for next year will open in late December 2020. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this is a restricted seminar. UZH Students (Bachelor only!) need to apply for a participation at the seminar. Please consult the course catalogue for more information on the application process for internal students.
Participation in the UZH International Summer School is free of charge for UZH students. In return we expect some organizational support in running the summer school.
Fees and Discounts
The regular fee for this online summer school is CHF 1,500.
- The fee includes: Tuition and application fee; final certificate; a digital social program that will foster your intercultural competence
Generous scholarships are available for talented students.
State your interest in getting a scholarship in your motivation letter. Once we have received your application, we will notify you of any potential discounts available to you.
To follow this online summer school, you will need regular access to a computer with an internet connection. Due to daily video conferences, we highly recommend high speed broadband access for the optimal learning experience.
The course content will be provided via one learning platform (details to be announced soon). We will invite you to join this platform before the online summer school starts. Make sure these applications work on your computer / in your region.
(Please note that we cannot provide technical support during the online summer schools.)
Schedule and Classes
Please refer to our detailed Course Description. (PDF, 1177 KB)
Note: The program may be subject to change.